Barely... A Love Story...

Kimberly with her big brown eyes was staring at Matthew. Did he just say that, she asked herself. Matthew, as if he had heard her thoughts, said, “Yes Kim. I have fallen for you. Your simplicity, the way you laugh, the way you love and are passionate about love even if it is the silliest possible thing on this earth. I love the way your eyes pop up when someone uses expletives and the fact that I am using the word expletives instead of abuses because of you!”

Matthew, I...”

I know I have hurt you Kim, and I am ready to spend all my time making it up to you. It was my fault and you still came up and apologized for talking to me in a rude way. You shouldn't have cared, it was my fault, I deserved it, but you did anyway! You are a nice person and it is always brilliant to have such a nice person in your life. I really do like you,  I feel like an idiot while I am saying this to you, but I had to before it was too late.”

Kimberly was silent. She was still processing everything he had said. Her face was blank, she wasn't sure how she was going to respond. She looked down, she couldn't look him in the eye. He let go of her hand.

Oh shit! I am so sorry, I don't know what I said. I mean I know what I said, but I don't think I should have said it!  I'm sorry Kim, I'm just going to go now before I embarrass myself even more. Bye!”

Matt, wait!!!”

Look I am sorry OK Kimberly, I am very sorry. I know I shouldn't have said all this and I don't even know why I did. I should have waited, asked you about your feelings but I just went on with what I have to say. Nothing has happened just forget all this. OK? I have to get going!”

Before Kimberly could even say anything, Matthew was already halfway to his bike. It was like she was glued to the spot. She could not move, could not say anything, could not even think straight. What just happened, she thought to herself. She decided to go to Matthew's house.

Matthew opened the door.

"Can we talk Matt?"

"Yes yes of course! Please come in. Look I am sorry about today, I shouldn't have cornered you like that. Just forget about it..."

"It is okay Matt. And no I do not want to forget about what you said. It was really sweet, and nice and it felt great to hear whatever you said. You shouldn't feel this bad for saying all that to me. I am glad you did. There wasn't anything wrong with it, you just expressed your feelings, I was shocked because it was so unexpected!"

"I meant every word Kim. But now that I come to think of it, it was too soon. Maybe not for me, but it was for you, wasn't it?"

"Yes, yes it was. See Matt you know all about my past, you know how stuff has been. It has been a long time since then, but I still haven't recovered completely. It is very difficult for me to trust someone entirely even now and I don't want to be unfair to you. The truth is you are a really nice guy, and an amazing friend and I have started liking you through the couple of months that we have been here even though we did not talk so much. I cant play with your feelings just because I am unsure of my own..."

"Kim, like I said, I meant every word. I really like you, exactly the way you are, and your issues. I mean I even like the fact that you cry at the drop of a hat, I mean who the hell does that!"

"Shut up Matt! That is very sweet and I don't know what to say..."

"Kim, if you do like me, and you aren't saying just because I said it to you, then I will help you. I will meet you halfway and lead you to the other side. Trust me..."

Kimberly was sold. He gave her a hug, and never let go.

Janam dekh lo, mit gayi dooriyan,
Main yahaan hun yahaan hun yahaan hun yahaan..
Kaise sarhadein, kaisi majbooriya,
Main yahaan hun yahaan hun yahaan hun yahaan..

Comments

Popular Posts