Between you and the world...(Part I)

I think Aman was wrong. He should've given Naina a chance to choose. Why bulldoze all over her and convince her she loved someone else?
We've had this discussion before, Aman was just trying to be nice!
Kimberly loved this about Seamus. She didn't need to explain her references to him even if she brought it up out of the blue.
No, but falling in love is a choice. It's not a family thing that you're just born into. Love is choosing a person, and saying I like this human and I am going to be around this human. It's a choice that you make. Aman shouldn't have made that choice for Naina and Rohit. 
You make a fair point, now if you don't mind I am starving. It's Tuesday and I know you won't let me order in, so shall we go?

You can't call them the right fit, but they were right there in the neighbourhood. You can't say they liked and hated the same things, but they balanced each other out beautifully and that was where they were right. Their likes and dislikes weren't the same but their values matched to perfection.

Seamus was gearing up for a huge meeting. This was his big break, his ticket to the big leagues as he called it. Kimberly couldn't focus on work. Now she understood what he felt like when she was in a similar position a few months ago. She had decided, regardless of the result, she was going to cook him his favourite meal and they're going to binge-watch their favourite show until the wee hours of the morning. That was their thing. She got home a little early and whipped up the meal so she could sit and talk to him when he did get home.

He had texted her telling her that the meeting had not gone according to plan but he wanted to speak to her in person about the meeting. She hated the suspense, but she understood that he needed to be physically present to recall whatever it is that happened in the meeting. She heard him turning in the key and she was already bursting with intrigue. He had barely walked through the door when he was attacked by Kimberly's famous bear hugs. They stood like that for a little more than a minute before she finally let him get into the house.

Kim, the meeting did go well. But the promotion that I was gunning for, I didn't get that one. 
That's okay! You're amazing and if they don't know that then you need to look at your options. Your potential is way beyond. Wait. What do you mean you didn't get THAT ONE?
Well, thank you for telling me I am amazing. They seem to think so too, they gave me the promotion, two levels up in our head office. 
YES! OH, MY GOD! SUPES I AM SO HAPPY! 
Supes was a nickname that she had for him. It was because she used to call him the superstar and that just got too long for her to type and use every day.
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH STRESS I WAS UNDER ALL DAY? I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU, oh... wait...
Yes, the head office. Which means, they're asking me to shift base. 
Oh.  
Kimberly felt her elation slowly deflate. This relationship was about to become inter-continental. She couldn't help but laugh at her brain making jokes at this time. She tried to not look crestfallen but she failed miserably.
I know that is why I needed to talk to you. I have a few days to think about it and I thought we should talk about it before I refused. 
Refused? Why would you refuse?

Comments

Popular Posts