The Dream Man - Part IV

By now almost the entire restaurant had tears in their eyes, especially the women. Brad was still talking and  Kimberly was sobbing slightly. Kevin was sitting there looking guilty.

“So I left. Kimberly and I we kept in touch. We would talk everyday, facetime, text, the works! I was trying to woo her, win her love and trust. I was bringing in my 'A' game. Every month on one day, the same date I met her, I would text her it was always the same message. 'I'm still waiting'. It had been more than a couple of months and one day when I called her she didn't sound right. She sounded different, very uncertain. I asked her what was wrong. 'Brad', she said, I want to try something. She went on to tell me she didn't want us to talk at all for a while. No texts, no phone calls, nothing. I didn't ask her the reason, I just agreed. I knew why she was doing this and I had promised her I would do everything to win her trust. So we said our good byes and that was it.”

“ONE WEEK KEVIN! ONE WEEK!” Kimberly was now shouting. “I WENT FOR A VACATION FOR ONE WEEK WITH MY FAMILY AND THIS IS HOW YOU WELCOME ME BACK? YOU COULDN'T CONTROL YOURSELF FOR A WEEK? I TRUSTED YOU KEVIN!!!!!!”

“Oh my God so sad, No?” said the aunty beside Kevin nudging him back to the present where Brad continued his story.

“So we stopped talking, but there wasn't a moment where I did not miss her. Again the same date of every month I sent her the same thing via email. 'I'm still waiting'. To which she would always reply 'I am still here'. This went on for a couple of months more. It was one of those days, I sent her that email, but she did not reply. I figured she must not have received it I sent it again. 24 hours later she still hadn't replied. I tried calling her I couldn't get through. I tried calling her friends, nobody knew anything. Then I called her best friend and she told me that Kimberly had changed her number and she was very much okay. I was devastated. I knew what this meant. I was heart broken, she didn't love me, all my efforts had failed. I was disheartened! This was more than 2 weeks later, I was at my workplace, routine life had begun. It was as if I had never met Kimberly, but I knew I had met her. I knew I loved her. Suddenly there was a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Kimberly, standing there, 17 days and 10 hours later, in the flesh. She said to me....”
Brad looked at Kimberly, she said, “I said. Hi. Are you still waiting?”

The entire room burst out clapping, there were tears everywhere. Everyone but Kevin was happy. Kevin wasn't jealous, he felt guilty, ashamed, disgusted even.

Brad continued...

“Well I made her pay for those 17 days. I asked her to marry me immediately and well you know what she said.”

It was time for Kimberly's toast. She stood up....
Kevin stood up and went outside..he could not hear this.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts